Welcome to the homepage of the Public Safety Committee!
River North is located in the 18th District of the Chicago Police Department also known as the Near North district. Currently, it is led by Commander Bauer and has a strong CAPS program (Chicago Alternative Policing Strategy)*.
The RNRA Public Safety Committee (PSC) exists to support the CAPS office and advance the neighborhood’s public safety agenda so all residents and business owners continue to live in a neighborhood publicly recognized as one of the safest in Chicago.
Our strategy is to leverage our collective neighborhood awareness and involvement to work hand-in-hand with our local officials to foster an inclusive community characterized by partnership and civility.
The Committee has established three strategic objectives: Awareness, Communications, and Advocacy.
- Awareness: The Committee is expected to maintain an awareness of issues and initiatives affecting public safety in River North as well as provide input to local officials on programs and projects aimed at improving public safety in River North.
- Communications: The Committee monitors, reports, and aggregates public safety information and communicates to River North residents and businesses.
- Advocacy: The Committee accepts and aggregates concerns voiced by residents and businesses and will either advocate on their behalf or facilitate community participation both within and outside existing public safety outlets.
For any questions or concerns about public safety in River North, please email us at publicsafety@RNRAchicago.org or plan to attend one of our Public Safety Committee meetings. For more information on PSC meetings, please see the Public Safety Meetings page.
LIVE Community Crime Alerts
- Sunday, February 26, 2017: Seeking to Identify in Burglary
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017: Attempted Luring
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017: Business Alert - Burglary
- Sunday, March 12, 2017: Criminal Sexual Assault
- Tuesday, April 4, 2017: Auto Theft
- Tuesday, April 4, 2017: Burglary
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017: Marshall Field Gardens Alert
Please visit our other pages:
- Public Safety: Crime Reporting
- Public Safety: Meetings
- Public Safety: Rules/Hints/Tips
- Public Safety: Archives
*Beginning in 1993, the Chicago Police Department has been committed to implementing a comprehensive community policing strategy – CAPS – that is designed to make residents an active partner in preventing and reducing crime in all of Chicago’s neighborhoods. That strategy recognizes that police, residents and other neighborhood stakeholders, and other City agencies have to work together to address all the conditions that can lead to crime. No one stands alone; each of us has a role to play in improving the quality of life in our communities. For more information, go to http://home.chicagopolice.org/get-involved-with-caps/